Click Here To Help Support The Briggers When Shopping Online.

Worsbrough 2-4 Emley AFC

A crowd of 228 saw an entertaining game at the Pinto Property stadium, including premier league ref Kevin Friend. Many will say Worsbrough were far from friendly to there visitors, getting 1 goal in front inside 2 minutes a turn in the box from Luke Francis.

In truth Worsbrough were the better team in the first half dealing confidently with Emley’s threats going forward, something that must have impressed The Worsbrough Management in the 10th minute. There was a lovely ball along the box which was cleared, unfortunately it didn’t land to a Worsbrough player all the Worsbrough lads were really dominate chasing down the Emley players and being first to every ball. Special mention to Ben Donoghue who worked very hard and really impressed but with only one goal in front, you were always aware of Emley quality in the 19th minute Emley had a freekick with the ball landing to there number 10 in the box but Worsbrough’s back line stud firm conceding a corner and then clearing that in the 22nd minute Sam Agar had a chance on goal, the defender managed to get something onto the ball for it to go for a corner again Worsbrough kept creating chances but were unfortunate for them to not to increase there lead on 26th minute. Wilson got the better of the Emley back line and the ball got cleared for a corner much to the frustration of the opposing management again at the 31st minute Sam Ager had another chance straight into the goalkeeper in the 33rd minute Alex Hutchinson put a lovely ball across the Emley box unfortunately no one in a red shirt was there to finish the great move. Alex then popped up 2 minutes later this time in his own box with a goal line clearance from a corner after Emley pressure in the 40th minute, the ball got cleared for Worsbrough but for the Emley player to float a looping ball over but was well claimed by Worsbrough stopper Ross Pritchard under pressure the sucker punch came in the 45th minute with a spill under pressure and Kane Reece got in to get the ball high into the net for the visitors half time 1-1.

The second half soon followed with more of the same. Sam Ager had a speculative effort which pulled a good save out of Emley goalkeeper in the 47th minute. The first change for Worsbrough came in the 48th minute with Carter replacing Race and Hague for Smith, soon followed the visitors were much the better team in the second half there experience was clear to see. Alex Hutchinson and Sam Agar continually worked really hard to cause the Emley defenders to remember they were in a game. The first goal in the 2nd half came to the visitors with Kyle Willis scoring for Emley in the 56th minute with James Eyles scoring to make it 1-3 in the 59th minute, there could of been more with a goal line clearance for the Briggers in the 60th minute and the 64th by O’Connor Fudge decided to make his final change by shuffling the pack and bringing number 15 Goose on for Wilson in the 70th minute Worsbrough got a free kick with Smith floating a great ball over with O’Connor getting a good header to the ball, which hit the post and went in the down point in the match came soon after with Carter going down injured – he was helped off the pitch with the help of the Emley physio with Worsbrough then down to 10 men they conceeded for a final time in the 80th minute. Kyle Willis with his second and final goal of the match overall it was a game of two halves with Worsbrough being the stronger of the first but Emley showed why they are near the top of the division in the second half.

We wish Emley all the best for the rest of the season and we hope the crowd enjoyed the football on show. Worsbrough next play Dronfield town on the 20th of October with a 7:45PM kick off At the Pinto Property Stadium

Leave a Reply